The Gladiators - Studio One Singles [[draft]] Mp3
|4||Boo Boo Day Version||3:05|
|5||Big Boo Boo Day||3:06|
|6||Mister Baldwin Part 2||3:41|
|7||Dub Ina Babylon||2:40|
|8||Fling It Gimme||2:57|
|9||A Prayer To Thee||3:07|
|11||Boy In Long Pants||2:51|
|12||Version Of Prayer||3:03|
|13||Boy In Long Pants Part Two||2:56|
|16||Don't Fool The Young Girls||3:58|
|17||Happy Man 12"||7:50|
|21||Don't Fool The Young Girls Version||3:36|
- Bass – Clinton Fearon, Leroy Sibbles
- Drums – Benbow, Phil Callender, Horsemouth Wallace
- Engineer – Clement Dodd, Sylvan Morris
- Guitar – Albert Griffiths, Clinton Rufus, Rick Frater
- Keyboards – Audley Taylor
- Organ – Richard Ace
- Percussion – Denzil Laing
- Piano – Robbie Lyn
- Producer – Clement Dodd
- Vocals – Albert Griffiths, Clinton Fearon, David Webber , Gallimore Sutherland
Comes in a slipcase with an 8-page booklet.
The Gladiators, Albert Griffiths, Clinton Fearon and Gallimore Sutherland, were one of the first "roots" groups to break out internationally. They, like many others, launched their career at Studio One and their '70s output for the label, like "Bongo Red" and "Jah Jah Go Before Us," brought them to the attention of reggae fans worldwide.
This Gladiators' release, Studio One Singles, first appeared as a French bootleg, and in the tradition of albums like Mojo Rock Steady and Pirates Choice, is now reissued in an authorized edition featuring improved sound quality sourced from the original masters and rare singles.
This album contains a nice selection of the Gladiators' Studio One singles and dub versions released between 1969 and 1978 (with no overlapping from their Presenting The Gladiators album) as well as 12" singles released later.
Track 4 "Dub Ina Babylon" is repeated on track 5. The CD returns to the listed order by omitting track 7 "Jah Jah (Version)".
- Barcode: 0 11661-7836-2 1
- Matrix / Runout: 116 617 8362 01%% D EDC
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L007
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0377
- Pressing Plant ID (In Mould/Hub): MADE IN USA BY EDC
- Label Code: LC 5000
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jamaica Recording And Publishing Studio Limited – 2007
- Copyright (c) – Poli-Rhythm, Ltd. – 2007
- Made By – EDC