Beethoven, Backhaus, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt - Piano Concerto No.1 / Piano Concerto No.2 Mp3
|1||2nd Mov.: Largo|
|2||3rd Mov.: Rondo: Allegro Scherzando|
|3||3rd Mov.: Rondo: Molto Allegro|
|4||2nd Mov.: Adagio|
|5||Piano Concerto No. 2 In B Flat Major. Op. 19|
|6||1st Mov.: Allegro Con Brio|
|7||Piano Concerto No. 1 In C Major. Op. 15|
- Composed By – Beethoven
- Conductor – Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Alan Abel (tracks: A1 to A3), James Brown (tracks: B1 to B3)
- Mastered By – E
- Orchestra – Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Painting [Portrait Of Beethoven] – Neugass
- Piano – Wilhelm Backhaus
- Producer [Uncredited] – Erik Smith
- Sleeve Notes – Gordon Stewart
Repress from ca. 1963 - 1965 with ED1 labels but with a K/T tax code on the labels.
The original version was released in 1960.
- Black/silver 'grooved wideband' labels
- "Original recording by" at 11 o'clock
- "Made in England" at bottom
- "Recording first published 1959"
- Decca 'Musical Notes' logo on both sides
- Matrix numbers printed upside-down
- Laminated on front only
- Straight flipbacks on top and bottom
- Triangular "Decca Stereophonic" logo in a box on front
- Thin spine with no text on it
- "© The Decca Record Company Ltd., London, 1959"
- "Cover shows the portrait of Beethoven painted in 1806 [...] for Prince Carl Lichnowsky"
- "Printed in England by Robert Stace."
- Sleeve notes in English only on back
- No printing date on back of sleeve
- SXL 2178 on sleeve
- SXL.2178 on labels
- Tracks A1 to A3 (Piano Concerto 1) recorded 16 - 22 April 1958 in the Sofiensaal, Vienna
- Tracks B1 to B3 (Piano Concerto 2) recorded 29 - 30 June 1959 in the Sofiensaal, Vienna
- Labelography code: ED1
- Corresponding mono issue has Category LXT 5552
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 1, stamped): ZAL-4595-1E H 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 2, stamped): ZAL-4596-1E KT H MT 2 1 SM
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 1): ZAL.4595
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 2): ZAL.4596
- Other (Tax code on labels): K/T
- Recorded At – Sofiensaal
- Mastered At – Decca Studios
- Pressed By – Decca Record Co. Ltd., Pressing Plant, UK.
- Printed By – Robert Stace
- Copyright (c) – The Decca Record Company Limited